June 24-August 14, 2020 8:00am-6:00pm Fees: $49.12 per day
Safety remains our first priority for your children and COVID-19 presents unique challenges to our summer program. Our traditional Summer XDC Camp has been modified to keep children and staff healthy. The XDC will be following the guidelines set out by the Washington State Department of Health, in order to reduce the risk of virus transmission between children and staff. This guidance focuses on practices for children in childcare settings and seeks to lower the risk for the spread of COVID-19. We respectfully request you to consider the following before sending your child to summer XDC:
- The more people interact with others from outside their own household, the closer that interaction, and the longer that interaction, the higher the risk of COVID-19 spread.
- Families who are able to safely keep their children at home should continue to do so, if possible.
- These guidelines set forth by XDC are subject to change at any time based on government or local health department recommendations.
COVID-19 Guidelines and Procedures
- Staff will be wearing cloth masks at all times. Students are also required to wear cloth face coverings. Any student or staff with a physical limitation that makes mask removal difficult are not required to wear face coverings.
- There will be no last-minute, day-of, drop-ins. Parents must pre-register for summer.
- Children will be screened daily before entry, at mid-day, and at pick-up. Students showing signs of illness or answering “yes” to any screening questions will not be admitted to Extended Daycare.
- A parent must call to inform staff of an absence of any nature for documentation: 206-782-9915.
- The parent or guardian should take the child’s temperature at home before departure for XDC.
- The parent dropping a student off should also be the parent to pick-up each day, when possible. Parents will not be granted entry to the XDC building. A staff member will meet you and your child at the designated drop-off area on N. 80th St.
- The parent should call XDC staff (206-782-9915) to arrange for drop-off and pick-up in the designated area.
- At drop-off and pick-up times with the child’s family, staff will keep at least a 6-foot distance.
- Children will be screened daily before entry, at mid-day, and at pick-up. Students showing signs of illness or answering “yes” to any screening questions will not be admitted to Extended Day Care.
Physical Distancing and Health Practices
- Student cohorts will remain the same each week: 8 students, 1 adult
- Children remain 6 feet from others
- Staff will remain 6 feet from others
- Staff and students will wash hands:
- upon arrival in classrooms
- before and after visiting the restroom
- before and after eating
- after touching the face, sneezing, or coughing
- Staff and children with a fever of 100.4, and showing new signs of a cough, sneezing, shortness of breath:
- Staff will be sent home
- Students will be separated from their group, placed in an isolation room, and parents will be called for prompt pick-up of the student
- Students will observe social distancing
- Groups will have scheduled and rotated times outside so only one group is out at a time in the same area
- Playpit will remain closed
- Three-step wash, rinse, sanitize will be used after all equipment is used, each time
- At this time filed trips have been canceled
- Toys will be washed and sanitized after each use
- Frequently-touched surfaces will be washed and sanitized more frequently